These mini pumpkin pies are so easy to make and are just the right size. They are perfect for your dessert table with other bite size favorites. Your guests can enjoy several sweet treats without any slicing or cutting -less hassle, less mess and easier serving.
Ready-made pie crusts make these mini-pumpkin pie preparations even easier. Following the directions for the filling on the canned pumpkin pie mix. We found the canned pumpkin 4” circle was the perfect size to fit in a cupcake pan. Using the can, we cut the circle for each of the mini pie crusts, then pressed into the cupcake tins. Then pour the prepared pie mix until full in each of the prepared cups.
Using small fall pie crust cutters*, we rolled the scraps of pie crust to make cutouts to embellish the pies. Brush the cutouts with some of the left over evaporated milk from the filling. Then add the cutouts to the pies after the first 13 minutes of baking and reduce the oven temperature. *We love to saving money when we can. Our original blog post has information on shopping options for where to buy the fall leaf pie cutters. www.Frugelegance.com
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare pumpkin pie filling per can directions
- Cut out (12) 4” circles from the Ready-made pie crust and line each tin in your cupcake pan, crimping top edges with your fingers
- Bake pies for 13 minutes at 425 degrees
- Turn down heat, add top cut outs if you choose and bake for additional 19-23 minutes until filling is set (toothpick comes out clean)
- Let cool and gently use a spoon to lift the pies out of the pan
Enjoy plain or with a dollop of whipped cream topping! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We hope you will visit us at www.frugelegance.com, the place where frugal and elegance always come together. Follow us on Facebook and be a Fru-Girl (or Guy) too!