by Carol and Randi, the Frugirls
We’ve got a summer salad that’s perfectly refreshing for these warm summer days. Watermelon Salad! It’s a fabulous combination of sweet and a little salty. It’s super easy to make and it looks beautiful. This will make a wonderful addition to your next bbq, picnic or outing.
- 1 Watermelon
- 1/4 cup Red or White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 TBSP. Chopped Fresh Mint
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese
- 6 Whole Mint Leaves
- Cut watermelon into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, salt, pepper, lime. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add chopped mint.
- In a large bowl combine melon and feta, pour dressing over melon and toss.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Helpful Tips: If you are entertaining, make things a little easier and prep ahead of time. Cut up the watermelon the day before it is needed and store in gallon-size Ziploc bags. Keep refrigerated till ready to prepare. When you are ready to mix, cut the bottom corner of the bag and drain the juice that collected. Toss and serve.
Serve in a decorative bowl or use the scooped out watermelon shell.
Use a pre-designed computer paper that comes with a fun summer barbecue theme to display the menu. Print out or write your menu items within the design, frame it and then display. Visit our blog, www.frugelegance.com, for a super cute barbecue-themed print paper we like to use.
Carol and Randi, the FruGirls, are local home stagers and decorators. You can also find them Blogging about many other ways to live an elegant life for less online at www.frugelegance.com. FrugElegance is where Frugal and Elegance come together.