The Rustic Summer Blueberry Tart has been a long time family favorite recipe in Carol’s family. “When my girls were young, they would walk our dog, Jack, along the creek close to our home in Clayton and pick loads of blackberries. Then they would hurry home and we would make mini blackberry tarts.”
We decided to post the recipe on our blog, FrugElegance.com. As proof that it must be easy to make, Randi made it each and every week … and for every bbq and get-together throughout the summer. “If a recipe isn’t easy, I simply won’t make it.”
Since berries are now available and super sweet, “I (Randi) made a blueberry tart to bring with a container of soup for a neighbor who is isn’t feeling well. The best kind of “get well” package.”
Most call it a Blueberry Galette but we call it a Summer Blueberry Tart. Why? Because if we call it “Galette”, it sounds like it must be complicated or difficult to make. It isn’t! This is so embarrassingly easy -but, shhh! Don’t tell anyone. Let them think you worked really hard to provide them with such an incredible fresh dessert.
We are certain you will enjoy it’s tasty simplicity.
All you need is:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries or a mixture of assorted berries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 pre-made, roll-out, pie crust
- In a bowl, mix blueberries or (whatever fruit you are using) with sugar, cornstarch & salt.
- Roll out pie crust on a piece of parchment paper.
- Pour fruit mixture onto pie crust starting in center. Leave 1-1/2″ of pie crust from the edges empty for room to fold.
- Fold over edge of pie crust a little at a time. We like to have some spots overlap a little for a pretty design. Don’t worry if some crust breaks, just pinch it together so the fruit mixture doesn’t leak out while baking.
- Bake at 375• for 20-25 minutes.
Serve plain or with ice cream and whipped topping and ENJOY!
Two little tidbits about the pie crust. Before unrolling it, let it sit for a few minutes rolled up. It unrolls and works better at room temperature. We like to use Trader Joe’s pre-made rolled out pie crust. It is the best of the best.
Homemade doesn’t have to mean difficult. We only like easy recipes and easy home projects. For more easy frugelegance, come see us on our blog www.frugelegance.com