Clever thinking resulted in catching a clam. Now you are thinking of clam chowder. Here is a recipe from Food.com. Click the image to get even more recipes.
- 6 -7 pieces bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2(5 ounce) cans baby clams, with juice reserved
- 6 -7 potatoes, cubed
- 2(10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add clam juice from both cans.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so potatoes won’t stick.
- Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
- Stir together.
- Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir occasionally.
Click over to Food.com for thousands of free recipes.